Kral puncher breaker silent .25 review

Author Topic: Kral puncher breaker silent .25 review  (Read 8873 times)

Offline d.lead.slinger

• N.U.A.H. - Expert
  • Plinker
  • yes
Re: Kral puncher breaker silent .25 review
« Reply #120 on: March 09, 2017, 02:33:37 PM »
I like the way it looks. I like the way it shoots. I like the way it shoulders. I like just about everything about it and I'm happy. I don't see the need to try and compare it anymore. The whole purpose of this was to let people know what I thought and that's what I've done. You bought a bullboss and you let everyone know how much you enjoy it. I have a feeling you won't get many trying to compare it to no end with any other air rifle out there. There will always be a bigger or better something out there. You just have to be happy with what you have.

AllAmerican, have you taken it out to longer distances... Maybe past 50 yrds?
I apologize if this was already stated.  I scrolled past most of the side talk and may have missed it.
  • Louisiana
Happiest when squeezing a trigger!

.25 Taipan Veteran
.22 Disco
.177 Disco
.22 Hatsan Gladius (Huma Reg. 30 fpe)
.177 Ruger Blackhawk Elite

Offline AllAmerican

• Marksman
  • yes
« Reply #121 on: March 09, 2017, 02:46:56 PM »
I like the way it looks. I like the way it shoots. I like the way it shoulders. I like just about everything about it and I'm happy. I don't see the need to try and compare it anymore. The whole purpose of this was to let people know what I thought and that's what I've done. You bought a bullboss and you let everyone know how much you enjoy it. I have a feeling you won't get many trying to compare it to no end with any other air rifle out there. There will always be a bigger or better something out there. You just have to be happy with what you have.

AllAmerican, have you taken it out to longer distances... Maybe past 50 yrds?
I apologize if this was already stated.  I scrolled past most of the side talk and may have missed it.

No I haven't yet. I won't be going to my cabin this weekend so I should have time to do some shooting. If I do I'll post the results
  • Michigan
"Be the change you wish to see in this world"

Offline Caretaker

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #122 on: March 13, 2017, 06:55:16 PM »
 After reading the forum, gleaning info, watching the you tube reviews, I talked with Travis at Wicked AND....
    I have a freshly modded Kral PB walnut .25 on the way.     8)
and I'm geaked!  I always liked the bull pup design.
 Mike, did you get a chance to shoot yours at any longer range? Any pellet recommendations?
And what scope set up did you go with? (I seemed to have missed that if you posted)
  • Michigan

Offline Caretaker

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #123 on: March 13, 2017, 07:02:07 PM »
While it may not be a Bullboss  lol
 I'm still pretty excited to get this and can't wait to get out and start shooting this thing. #firstbullpup #firstPCPfirst.25
Happy birthday to me!
  • Michigan

Offline Rob M

• Expert
« Reply #124 on: March 13, 2017, 08:11:41 PM »

awesome, what did u have done?
  • Louisiana

Offline Caretaker

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #125 on: March 14, 2017, 02:53:36 AM »
Porting valve , breech block, trigger work, baffles added. I'm expecting it's going to be pretty smooth and with a bit more power and quieter  than stock. Will post when it arrives and I have a chance to give it a work out.
 This is coming  right from Wicked air guns so I really have no basis for comparison to a stock Kral.
I'll have to get together with someone near by once the weather breaks so we can compare.  Allamerican if your interested shoot me a PM.
  • Michigan

Offline AllAmerican

• Marksman
  • yes
« Reply #126 on: March 14, 2017, 07:59:02 AM »
Porting valve , breech block, trigger work, baffles added. I'm expecting it's going to be pretty smooth and with a bit more power and quieter  than stock. Will post when it arrives and I have a chance to give it a work out.
 This is coming  right from Wicked air guns so I really have no basis for comparison to a stock Kral.
I'll have to get together with someone near by once the weather breaks so we can compare.  Allamerican if your interested shoot me a PM.

You'll be happy with your new purchase. I haven't had a chance to get out past 25-30 yards due to the weather. It's either been too cold or windy to get some longer range shooting. It wouldn't show the true potential of the gun. Hopefully soon it will be nicer out so I can give it a go.
  • Michigan
"Be the change you wish to see in this world"

Online Old Corps

• Expert
  • yes
« Reply #127 on: March 14, 2017, 05:44:14 PM »
Couldn't stand it anymore so I ordered a .25 PB Marine from PA last night before they were gone. Supposed to be here tomorrow. I'd have liked to order one that had been gone over by Travis but he went and sold 'em all. Hopefully I'll get a good one! :-\

Ed
  • Montrose,MI.
Benjamin Limited Edition .22 (NPS) (CBR)
Benjamin XL1100 .22 (GRT)
Crosman Vantage .22 (Regal Stock, GRT)
Webley Spector .22
Sheridan Blue Streak .20
Hatsan Model 95 Vortex .22
Crosman 1077 .177
Hatsan Edge Vortex .25
Hatsan Edge Vortex .22
Benjamin Summit NP2 .22 (CBR)
Remington Tyrant XGP .22 (GRT)
Benjamin Discovery .22
Benjamin Marauder .25 Realtree Xtra Camo stock
Hatsan AT44S-10 .22
Benjamin PRod .22 RAI adapter & AR stock
Kral Marine Bullpup .25
Hatsan Bullboss .25

Offline Evo Shift

• Plinker
« Reply #128 on: March 18, 2017, 06:05:56 PM »
You guys make jokes at my expense?
When, all I was doing was trying to facilitate a public discussion to compare bullpup options,
that would benefit everyone in the community?

Well, I'm laughing out loud too.
But, it's because you, your time, and your money are actually Beta testing the Kral PB and modifications for me.

Once you guys go through all the "growing pains" and R&D,
I'll pick up a Kral too......at a discounted price, that's perfected, thanks to your time and money.
So, thanks buddies. :)

Regardless,
looking forward to all the Kral PB research and development data being posted in this thread for my benefit,
along with everyone else.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 06:27:19 PM by Evo Shift »
  • Pennsylvania

Offline Bigship

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #129 on: March 21, 2017, 12:15:21 AM »
I received my .25 cal Puncher Breaker synthetic a week ago. Slapped an inexpensive Hawke 2 x 9 AO on it with the highest rings I had on hand. Still sits too low for a good sighting picture, but was able to zero the scope in 5 shots at 10 yards. One hole group about the size of a dime. Moved it out to 30 yards. The group opened up to about 1.5 inches in 10 shots. A lot of the error was on me as I was shooting off my knee in a lawn chair LOL. But I shot it enough to know its not moving my pellet downrange as fast as I would like. The power adjuster is moved all the way to full, but I still feel like the gun should be able to give more. Having said that, I got (and Im not exaggerating) 70 shots before dipping into the yellow portion of the gage. Super efficient, but without the chrony, I'd just be guessing at what the fps is.

The Picatinny riser mount (3/4") is coming tomorrow, but I won't have time to shoot. Looks like Thursday before I can put thru the chrony and shoot from a proper bench rest. All in all I think its going to be a very nice hunting gun. I may send it to Travis to investigate the possibility of opening up the valving a bit. Using the adjustable power selector, I'd like the gun to shoot between 30 to 50 ft/lbs. Will talk to Travis about it after all the baseline data has been recorded.
  • Houston, TX
Taipan Veteran .25
BSA R10 MKII .22 w/HUMA reg
Xisico Sentry .177 self tuned for FTT
Xisico XS25 .22 MM full tune

Offline Marauder22

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #130 on: March 21, 2017, 04:04:32 AM »
You guys make jokes at my expense?
When, all I was doing was trying to facilitate a public discussion to compare bullpup options,
that would benefit everyone in the community?

Well, I'm laughing out loud too.
But, it's because you, your time, and your money are actually Beta testing the Kral PB and modifications for me.

Once you guys go through all the "growing pains" and R&D,
I'll pick up a Kral too......at a discounted price, that's perfected, thanks to your time and money.
So, thanks buddies. :)

Regardless,
looking forward to all the Kral PB research and development data being posted in this thread for my benefit,
along with everyone else.

Evoshift. You just got banned at airgun nation. Mods please look into him. He threatened to use a different ip and username.

The Kral is a great gun. Travis is doing great work. Once i get my marauder  sorted out I'm getting a .25 from War. Thanks for the awesome updates!
  • Hawaii
Stock. 22 marauder.
Stock .457 Texan

Online ezman604

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Executive Administrator
    • GTA Members Map
« Reply #131 on: March 21, 2017, 02:34:51 PM »
He got himself banned here too.
Revelation 760 PumpMaster (Vintage 1967)
Powerline 1000S .177 (semi-tuned by me & innards by kiwi Pete)
Benjamin Super Streak .177/.22 (converted to NP & w/GRT-III)
Weihrauch HW97K .177
Benjamin Trail NP XL1100 (home tuned by muwah with Tuna trigger)
Stoeger X-20 RAMmed by Gene and Tuna trigger
Winchester 1000SX .177 (semi-tuned by muwah)
Winchester 1000B RAMmed by Gene
Crosman 1377 "Goldfinger"
Disco .22 Multi-Shot Custom

Ain't this a great place to be

Offline anti-squirrel

• Too young to be an
  • Old Timer
  • Confirmed SPAddict
« Reply #132 on: March 21, 2017, 02:48:35 PM »
Sorry to see this.  Dissenting opinions help temper expectations (though disruption kinda goes awry of the Forum rules).

I've been following this thread from the git-go.  While it may not have the power of other .25s, the potential is there, no doubt.  And when it comes to carrying a gun in the woods, this one is darn-close to the top of the list for me.  I think in due time the Puncher Breaker is going to get like the AT-44 and MRod: a standard by which other airguns are compared to whether or not it's in the same price range.

One thing I'll add: Turkish walnut is beautiful with the nickel finish.  Down the road I intend to get one.
Richmond VA

owner of:
the least pellet-picky PP700 PCP pistol
a Slavia 634
a horrible very accurate 760 pumper
a tree-rat-crushing .25 95QE
The Laser (Ninja'd QB-79)
plus some

Offline balllistic

• Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #133 on: March 21, 2017, 03:53:23 PM »
Sorry to see this.  Dissenting opinions help temper expectations (though disruption kinda goes awry of the Forum rules).

Dissenting opinions are welcome when they are part of a constructive debate and done respectfully. Constant trolling, thread hijacking, and personal attacks don't qualify as constructive....

40FPE is marginal for my liking for a .25, could definitely use a power-mod with some porting. The .22 seems to have the right amount of power.
.25 Daystate Air Wolf MCT Tactical
.22 Brocock Countour G6
.22 AirForce Talon SS
.22 Crosman Custom Shop 2240

Offline Rob M

• Expert
« Reply #134 on: March 21, 2017, 04:21:21 PM »
dissenting opinion is debate, in an adult fashion .. Example
"Guys , Id like to really have a conversation about Xyz gun over yzd gun, i cannot understand why people like xyz"
Typical post I saw
" The kral is plain garbage , go to heck  , get a bullboss!"
  • Louisiana

Online Old Corps

• Expert
  • yes
« Reply #135 on: March 21, 2017, 04:52:27 PM »
dissenting opinion is debate, in an adult fashion .. Example
"Guys , Id like to really have a conversation about Xyz gun over yzd gun, i cannot understand why people like xyz"
Typical post I saw
" The kral is plain garbage , go to heck  , get a bullboss!"

+1! Amen to that.

Rude, childish pm's weren't appreciated either!

Ed
  • Montrose,MI.
Benjamin Limited Edition .22 (NPS) (CBR)
Benjamin XL1100 .22 (GRT)
Crosman Vantage .22 (Regal Stock, GRT)
Webley Spector .22
Sheridan Blue Streak .20
Hatsan Model 95 Vortex .22
Crosman 1077 .177
Hatsan Edge Vortex .25
Hatsan Edge Vortex .22
Benjamin Summit NP2 .22 (CBR)
Remington Tyrant XGP .22 (GRT)
Benjamin Discovery .22
Benjamin Marauder .25 Realtree Xtra Camo stock
Hatsan AT44S-10 .22
Benjamin PRod .22 RAI adapter & AR stock
Kral Marine Bullpup .25
Hatsan Bullboss .25

Offline Bigship

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #136 on: March 22, 2017, 11:17:44 PM »
Finally had a chance to shoot the .25 cal over the chrony today after installing the Picatinny rail mount. 3/4 inch was the perfect height for my high rings. It pops up to the shoulder and the scope is immediately at the proper eye relief and ready to go. I shot 60 shots (amazing how even the last 6 or 7 shots didn't vertically string. The graph below shows 50 decent shots at 15 yards. Hole on hole groups with no fliers. That will no doubt change as I walk the thing out to 50 yards of course. My Puncher Breaker is shooting at .25 cal 25.4 gn JSB an average of 727 fps, generating 29.87 fl-lbs. Not as much energy as I would like, but I have no desire to try to match the Condor SS in speed and power! 60 shots on one fill is just plain fun! But, it looks like I'm going to send the gun to WAR for a larger port and silence mod, after all. Not in a big hurry, and have to save up a few bucks first. In the meantime, I'll enjoy shooting the heck out of this thing. Oh one more thing, the link pin in the cocking arm backed out and milled a shallow slot in my aluminum receiver (darn it I knew I shouldn't have forced it to cycle!!). The pin was mis-machined and the screw threads didn't full engage the linkage. I filed down the pin shoulder a bit to better engage, and used a tiny drop of super glue in the thread area. Will purchase Loctite red and rework later. Always something with air guns. I've owned quite a few PCP and springers and I really like the Kral. Its not a $900 to $1400 bullpup,  but the Puncher Breaker is a lot of bang for the buck.
  • Houston, TX
Taipan Veteran .25
BSA R10 MKII .22 w/HUMA reg
Xisico Sentry .177 self tuned for FTT
Xisico XS25 .22 MM full tune

Offline Rallyshark

• Expert
  • yes
« Reply #137 on: March 22, 2017, 11:55:49 PM »
Finally had a chance to shoot the .25 cal over the chrony today after installing the Picatinny rail mount. 3/4 inch was the perfect height for my high rings. It pops up to the shoulder and the scope is immediately at the proper eye relief and ready to go. I shot 60 shots (amazing how even the last 6 or 7 shots didn't vertically string. The graph below shows 50 decent shots at 15 yards. Hole on hole groups with no fliers. That will no doubt change as I walk the thing out to 50 yards of course. My Puncher Breaker is shooting at .25 cal 25.4 gn JSB an average of 727 fps, generating 29.87 fl-lbs. Not as much energy as I would like, but I have no desire to try to match the Condor SS in speed and power! 60 shots on one fill is just plain fun! But, it looks like I'm going to send the gun to WAR for a larger port and silence mod, after all. Not in a big hurry, and have to save up a few bucks first. In the meantime, I'll enjoy shooting the heck out of this thing. Oh one more thing, the link pin in the cocking arm backed out and milled a shallow slot in my aluminum receiver (darn it I knew I shouldn't have forced it to cycle!!). The pin was mis-machined and the screw threads didn't full engage the linkage. I filed down the pin shoulder a bit to better engage, and used a tiny drop of super glue in the thread area. Will purchase Loctite red and rework later. Always something with air guns. I've owned quite a few PCP and springers and I really like the Kral. Its not a $900 to $1400 bullpup,  but the Puncher Breaker is a lot of bang for the buck.

That sounds like the perfect recipe for a fun shooter right there.  It will make a great little hunter too.  It is just dang hard to beat those Krals on bang for the buck it seems.  If the Krals had been available a year or two ago, there's a good chance I'd have a Hatsan and a Kral, instead of two Hatsans.
  • Dacula, GA
Bullboss .22, 30 F.P.E. Regulated
(55+ F.P.E. unregulated)
PP700S-A .177 15 F.P.E.
Gamo Accu 177 pew pew pew F.P.E.

I may have Alzheimers, but at least
I don't have Alzheimers...

Offline Mikey Tran

• Shooter
« Reply #138 on: April 12, 2017, 02:16:39 AM »

I had 712 fps with crow mags 26.23 grains , waiting on my 19 grain pellets from hatsan to come , eager to see if I can get it up to anywhere close to 825 fps
  • Indiana

Offline Extreme .457

• Expert
  • yes
« Reply #139 on: April 15, 2017, 01:28:56 AM »
   My .22 Kral BP loves the GTO 11.7 ammo. Has anyone tried the .25 GTO in the Kral BP?

Good luck Fellas
  • Texas, Odessa

GTA - What's been your success with air gun target practice?