AGN and how NOT to run a forum.

Author Topic: AGN and how NOT to run a forum.  (Read 1486 times)

Offline oldpro

• A.R.T
  • Vendors
  • Old Timer
  • yes
AGN and how NOT to run a forum.
« on: October 30, 2016, 05:45:35 AM »
 I've been watching the latest thread on the FX Impact and became very aware of something strange going on. I started noticing several of the posts being deleted and then the Moderator threatening people he'd bann them if they spoke out and then I got several emails from members stating they were banned and had there posts removed from the thread. Now I just checked on the thread and the Moderator locked it because he didn't like what was being said!!! Really Michael!!! Grow up man and you could learn a lot from the GTA and staff. He obviously has no business running that forum or should let someone else do it. I understand it's his forum and rules but why bother if you can't even get information or other points of view. I've learned a lot from DEZ and Dave and running a forum is no cake walk but you have to be impartial for the most part. Sad way to run a forum AGN. Rant over.
FX tarantula
Warp 25
Flex 30
Vulcan .25
AA-S510 Ultra carbine
Marauder .25 full ART upgraded
Evanix max ML .45
Brocock S6
Prod
many others

Offline BigTinBoat

• Probation
  • Old Timer
Re: AGN and how NOT to run a forum.
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2016, 06:24:45 AM »
I've been watching the latest thread on the FX Impact and became very aware of something strange going on. I started noticing several of the posts being deleted and then the Moderator threatening people he'd bann them if they spoke out and then I got several emails from members stating they were banned and had there posts removed from the thread. Now I just checked on the thread and the Moderator locked it because he didn't like what was being said!!! Really Michael!!! Grow up man and you could learn a lot from the GTA and staff. He obviously has no business running that forum or should let someone else do it. I understand it's his forum and rules but why bother if you can't even get information or other points of view. I've learned a lot from DEZ and Dave and running a forum is no cake walk but you have to be impartial for the most part. Sad way to run a forum AGN. Rant over.

Travis,

While it would be hard to argue with what you have said above, it appears (at least to me) that you are bordering on a Rule 13 violation.

13- Personal attacks on individual airgunners, dealers, tuners or other airgun forums are strictly forbidden. If you have issues with them, then they should be addressed one on one.  Do not create a “war zone” on your forum. Take your issues up directly with them and do not launder them here on the GTA forums.

Online Rocker1

• Executive Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Addicted
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2016, 06:51:33 AM »
 This a prime example of why we are the best airgun forum on the net gentlemen. There is a lot of work and up keep here far more than anyone can fathom, I spend several hours a day just doing members and reading logs.  Dez is the bread winner by far along with Rich. But Truth is the members here have made this forum what it is we just try and keep them in line. As far as bashing no , it is what it is. David
  • Eustis Florida
1ST CAV,1971 VIETNAM 11 BUSHBABY
I MISS MY FRIEND GENE
OLD GUYS PLAYING WITH BB GUNS NEVER GROW UP
lots parts and pieces for something
Mrod 25
Mrod 177 reg
B50 25
B50 30 in the works

Rws 34 22
Ruger Blackhawk
Sumatra 25 carbine
Benji 392
Crosman 140
mrod 25 regulated
Hatsan Nova 25 (Laser)
Hatsan Galatian  walnut 177 reg
Rocker1 tuning and custom works
davidjfurr@outlook.com

Offline oldpro

• A.R.T
  • Vendors
  • Old Timer
  • yes
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2016, 07:29:46 AM »
Rocker gave me a one day pass lol
FX tarantula
Warp 25
Flex 30
Vulcan .25
AA-S510 Ultra carbine
Marauder .25 full ART upgraded
Evanix max ML .45
Brocock S6
Prod
many others

Offline scrane

• Marksman
  • yes
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2016, 09:23:59 AM »

Sounds like a personal problem.
  • Boise, Idaho
Wischo 55N, HW77, Daisy 105, FWB 300s, HW30s, HW35e, RWS 48, HW35 Freimark, HW55s, Walther LG53, Daystate Harrier, Brocock Contour, HW100s, :D Steyr LG110HP :D, AA EV2 Mk3, AA T200, RAW HM1000 x2, Kalibr Mini Carbine, Walther LGR, Walther LP53,  Webley Tempest, Crosman 1701P, FWB 65, Diana 6M, H-S 800, Benj 132.

Offline ezman604

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Executive Administrator
    • GTA Members Map
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2016, 12:12:00 PM »
Travis, although I respect you and appreciate all you do, I have to remind everyone of our rules.

#13- Personal attacks on individual airgunners, dealers, tuners or other airgun forums are strictly forbidden. If you have issues with them, then they should be addressed one on one.  Do not create a “war zone” on your forum. Take your issues up directly with them and do not launder them here on the GTA forums.

We do not want to be involved in ANY type of forum war of words. We want to keep it friendly, fun and open discussions of all things airgun.
:)
Revelation 760 PumpMaster (Vintage 1967)
Powerline 1000S .177 (semi-tuned by me & innards by kiwi Pete)
Benjamin Super Streak .177/.22 (converted to NP & w/GRT-III)
Weihrauch HW97K .177
Benjamin Trail NP XL1100 (home tuned by muwah with Tuna trigger)
Stoeger X-20 RAMmed by Gene and Tuna trigger
Winchester 1000SX .177 (semi-tuned by muwah)
Winchester 1000B RAMmed by Gene
Crosman 1377 "Goldfinger"
Disco .22 Multi-Shot Custom

Ain't this a great place to be

GTA - The best place for discussion about Air Guns.