GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Hunting Gate

Rainstorm .25 takes a Thick mountain Boar **Video**

(1/7) > >>

Nomadic Pirate:
I think this is the fist time I hear of a Wild boar being taken by the JSB 34gr,.....the 1st for me at least.

Anyway, the plan today was to take the Claw .50 for a hunt but I tweeked my bad knee pretty good on the morning surf and there was no chance I could go for a walking hunt like planned , so the back up plan become to go and sit lazily on my tree blind  ;D ;D

It's been a long time since I've taken a porker from it ( I think the FLEX .30 was the last )
I grabbed my Thunderstorm .25 that I recently re powered up to shoot the 34 gr JSB, and this gun shoots them like a lazer, powerful and crazy accurate.

I got to the tree late, about 2:45 PM, by 5:15 PM I heard a porker approaching from my 2 o'clock, it came in but than just parked itself in the thick brush for a long time, I had a glimpse of it by not enough to make out what kind of pig it was.

than all of a sudden after about 5+ good minutes I noticed a shadow coming towards me, he than passed between me and the feeder, now I realised this was a thick, big charcoal boar, a big boy for sure.

He carefully approached the feeder, was very, very careful like if it was his 1st time there, you'll see on the video how he goes in and than kinda darts out a bit before going in again, I was expecting him to bolt never to be seen again any second, luckily he gave me a great shot early,....and I took it.

Here's the video,......since this wasn't the hunt I planned I grabbed my stuff the was already packed and the camera mount for the scope wasn't in it  :( I had to place the camera in a precarious position on the tree, so the video isn't exactly the best.

Wayne52:
Fantastic score on the porker!!! Very cool 8)

Motorhead:
Manny,
Harvest time is just as final in spite recording it.
Fuse box scramble time !!

Tater:
Great hunt Manny. The different types of terrain there is incredible, like a totally different hunt each time out.

dk1677:
Nice one Manny!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version