GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Hunting Gate

WARP .22 Mongoose Hunt

(1/4) > >>

Nomadic Pirate:
So this morning I got up at dark and made my way to the Blind where I set up a baiting station for mongoose.

This is from inside the blind looking at the bait

The set up is a cage I made where I put Spam and cat food in, I made it this way so mongoose need to work with their little hands to get the food out

Also I took the Rooster I shot yesterday with my Thunderstorm and tied it to a tree to the right of the blind in relation to the other bait

I didn't get the fast and furious action that I was hoping for, but than again I only started baiting Sunday and it does take longer than 4 days to make mongoose really comfortable and more of them find the spot,
on that note, there was a few that circled around in the rocks but never came to the bait, there where definitely still skittish, also 2 of the mongoose I shot when they where just parked on a rock and wheren't coming in,

The Rooster never got found so I didn't use that side.

Note, I messed up the 2nd shot at the mongoose, once again I short cycled the bolt ( completely my fault, I still do it now and again ) and I sent out a slow moving pellet that never got close to the critter but only spooked it never to be seen again  ::) ::)

In the end in 2 hours I took 6 Mongoose

As you can clearly see, the Neck shot is king  ;D ;D ;D

larspawn:
Awesome hunt as usual Manny. Question:  are they edible?

Motorhead:
Now we're talkin !!

Getting a little constructive use out of that WarP finally .... Nice hunt & shooting those spooky critters.

dk1677:
Nice haul Manny!

oldpro:
 Can you sell the pelts?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version