GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > PCP/CO2/HPA Air Gun Gates "The Darkside"

Crosman's New PCP Fill Chart

(1/6) > >>

gene_sc:
You can determin how many fills on your PCP with different size tanks.

Gene

http://www.crosman.com/university/fill-calculator

trinket:

--- Quote from: gene_sc on February 14, 2013, 10:54:08 AM ---You can determin how many fills on your PCP with different size tanks.

Gene;  Myself, I haven't yet been able to get one of these fill charts to actually give me a reliable reading yet !
I have a Marauder .22 cal., a scuba tank rated @ 3000 psi, @ 80 cu. in. ...... I fill it to 2600, every time. Then when the gun gauge gets down to
2000, I re- fill the gun to 2600. Now, when I enter this info. into this latest fill chart ( below link )  it states 6 refills ! BUT the reality is, I now have 14 re-fills at the present AND am still going ( re- filling to 2600).  SO, as you see, I am having a hard time getting actual reliable info. with fill charts. ......Any ideas / opinions ?  ......JUST NOW re- calculated w/ the chart and it NOW states - FOUR (4) Re-fills.......Confusing me even more !

http://www.crosman.com/university/fill-calculator

--- End quote ---

sperho:

--- Quote from: trinket on February 20, 2013, 02:08:46 AM ---Gene;  Myself, I haven't yet been able to get one of these fill charts to actually give me a reliable reading yet !
I have a Marauder .22 cal., a scuba tank rated @ 3000 psi, @ 80 cu. in. ...... I fill it to 2600, every time. Then when the gun gauge gets down to
2000, I re- fill the gun to 2600. Now, when I enter this info. into this latest fill chart ( below link )  it states 6 refills ! BUT the reality is, I now have 14 re-fills at the present AND am still going ( re- filling to 2600).  SO, as you see, I am having a hard time getting actual reliable info. with fill charts. ......Any ideas / opinions ?  ......JUST NOW re- calculated w/ the chart and it NOW states - FOUR (4) Re-fills.......Confusing me even more !

--- End quote ---

You have to enter the water volume of the SCUBA cylinder.  A typical 80CF SCUBA cylinder has 677 cubic inches of water volume.  When I do this and select the Marauder, fill to 2600 and refill at 2000, the calculator shows 34 fills.  If I enter what you did (80 cubic inches of water volume), I also get 4 fills.  Remember, 80 CF = the volume of air measured at atmospheric pressure that is compressed into the cylinder at a smaller volume (i.e. 677 cubic inches).

trinket:
Got it, Thanks......BUT ( right now I am Laughing & smiling ) and kind of in disbelief, only because I have never gotten anywhere close to 34 fills with this tank and this gun ! :o..... AND, at this time, 14 fills, (only going on past fill experience with same gun & tank) I am almost positive that I am VERY close to this tank needing to be re-filled !( meaning of course, down below 2000 psi) .....sperho, what do you think, talk to me !?! And REALLY appreciate you trying to straighten me out !

sperho:
If I were to guess, I would say that the cheesy little gauge that they put on the Marauder is not very accurate.  :)  Other than that, the Crosman fill guide might be a little optimistic as well.  Oh, and there is air loss every time you connect and disconnect the gun (hose volume plus what you bleed off to disconnect).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version