GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Machine Shop Talk & AG Parts Machining

New shop... I've been busy!

(1/3) > >>

Rescue35:
Hey folks, It's been awhile since I've stoped by. I've been really busy lately. I'm starting 2017 with a focus on making things better for me. I sold my CNC mini mill because I found a smoking deal on a Kitamura Mycenter Zero. Of course I then had to have a place to put it. So here is Januarys work on the shop.

Layout and a concrete pad for the new mill. Day 1

Posts up and set. Day 2

Starting on the girders

First truss up and ready for more. Day 3

Trusses are done and some of the perlins are on. Day 4

The morning of day 5 saw an interruption as I received delivery of the mill.

Miss Kitty in her new home, now to finish construction of the Longbranch  ;D

End of day 5, half a roof is on.

End of day 6, all of the roofing is on.

I worked late into day 8 and finished the siding. Still a lot left to do.

For February, I am currently working on the electrical. I have most of the circuits run. Then ceiling, walls, insulation, and finish the floor. I have to build a rotary phase converter to supply 3 phase for the mill. and get all my tools, lathe and other shop equipment moved from the house to the shop. Hopefully, by the end of March, I will be able to work in the shop...rather than on the shop. It has been fun and the mild weather has really helped the progress.

ezman604:
Looking good Jody. I'll definitely have to drive over and check out the shop after you get settled. I'll be doing the same thing starting next month. We're moving 6 miles down the road and I'm having a new shop built. Can't wait to get it set up RIGHT. LOL
Miss Kitty looks like she will be able to do the job. Awesome!!!
Keep us informed. and looking forward to seeing some great stuff coming out of those doors in the near future.

Arkmaker:
Looking Great!! Looks like West Tennessee is budding with airgun machinists these days!
I'm wondering if cats have a natual tendency to hang out in the shop. I ended up making my cat its own little bed under the lathe  ;D

grandadg:
OH my what I would give to be able to build a nice large workshop like that!!!! I'm soooo jealous

Rescue35:
Thanks guys, I've managed to get power to the building. Just need to finish running the circuits.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version