GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Vintage Air Gun Gate

Scout scope on my old Crosman 102

(1/2) > >>

45flint:
Weather is preventing me from trying it out, but it kind of looks cool, if you don't mind messing with the 1930's.  Total investment for experiment $10, cost of barrel intermount.  I already had a Leupold M8 2X pistol scope I bought for the Python I sold last year.  Thought the Extended Relief might be too great but it's very forgiving.  The Scope when I bought it used years ago cost more than the 102.  See if it actually works, when Ohio finally gives me another nice day.  Don't hold your breath! 

Habanero69er:
Looks good Steve.  8)

Yng@hrt:
X2 & the wood on that baby is over the top!

lefteyeshot:
That's a great idea on your old gun.

I put scout scopes on a TS45, a B3-1 AK, and a Pleasure NK-1(B2). I used barrel clamp on 3 rail 5 slot accessories mounts and one scope ring. The guns were so old they didn't have scope grooves on the receivers. I use 3 rail in case I want to stick something else on them. They work pretty good.

I have a Beeman RS2 dual cal. First pellet gun I bought. Hardly ever shoot it so a n experiment. If I change barrels I have to re-zero. So I put the same set-up on the barrels. I had to cut about 2 1/2 " off the end of the stock so the scope would clear. Stripped and sanded the stock and sprayed it with P/U bed liner. Knocked the yellow see-thru plastic off the Beeman emblem so it's chrome and put it back on. On this gun the scout scopes are at the limit of their eye relief so I slid the scopes a little back in the scope ring. Pistol scopes might work better at that lenght. They work okay. I use shoot and see splatter targets at 25 yards. With these scout scopes a have a hard time seeing the holes at 25yds.

You can tell I have to much time on my hands. Later, Tim.

joek:
Did you use the crosman 459mt's ? thinking about using a reflex/dot sight

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version