GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Vintage Air Gun Gate

Surprise closet find!!!

(1/28) > >>

unionrdr:
Y'all ain't gonna believe this, but I was upstairs rootin' around our bedroom closet, lookin' for my old Crosman 760. Found my older son's AIR17, the newer Matty Mattel version of my old wood-stocked 760 Powermaster from when he was like 8 or 10. Which I haven't found yet. So, rootin' around my other guns, I stumbled onto this. It's lightly rusted, & the trigger is seized up for some unknown reason. Messed with the bolt & trigger, no trigger movement at all. Bolt's kinda tight, but workable. I think it's a .22? Looking it over, I found stamped on the opposite side from the bolt, " Crosman 160 Pellgun". And yup, .22 caliber. At the back of that upper tube, around the end to the right of the logo, etc is the number " 101710". Very light & comfortable, maybe 4-5lbs tops? It looks like a Co2 gun, but the cap under the barrel won't unscrew all the way off? Screw in the end of that cap must be stuck on? Rear site appears bent to one side? Here's some pics, enjoy...

And just to give it some scale, here it is next to the Winchester; 
Anyone got info on this thing, or maybe some spare parts/resources for same?

floydlong:
Nice find, Leanord. The QB 78/79 are Chinese copies of the 160. The only difference, I think, is that the 160 isn't dovetailed for a scope. It takes two CO2 cartridges and gets about 40 shots. It's a nice plinker and they are fairly easy to rebuild. There are several shops that sell reseal kits. Maybe someone will chime in with some names. JG Airguns is one. I had a QB that I shot for a couple of years and it was scary accurate. That 160 is a sweet find. Hope you can restore it to shooting and looking good.
Good luck!

unionrdr:
Definitely wanna re-blue it, refinish the stock, & of course get it working again. I'd like to put a scope on it as well. Might even be interesting if there was a conversion kit to make it a PCP?...

avator:
Nice find old neighbor. (I grew up in Ashtabula) I found one at the local pawn shop for $35. Mine worked, and still does, like a champ. It also has the Mossberg peep on it that they used for USAF indoor training. Careful if that front cap[ is stuck, it may have C02 in it. When charged, you push the bolt forward against a spring to cock it. Mine has the toggle safety thru the trigger group that I don't see on yours. I would look for the safety, may be why the trigger is stuck. The first C02 bulb goes in nose first and the first shot pierces it. The second goes in nose up and the cap pierces it. You screw the cap all the way in then back it off 1/8th turn. Mine is dead nut accurate. I love the peep, wouldn't even think about scoping it. Check MAC1 for rebuild kits... also Dennis Baker. Talk to Mike Mellick at Flying Dragon about converting it. Tri-5-Ron has tricks up his sleeve too.

Extreme .457:
   I have the CR160 and 167 great little guns. Mine have the peeps, looks like the safety is missing. Maybe why trigger is locked. Those are great guns and very accurate, I shoot mine quite a bit!!
Great find Brother Man

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version