GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Hunting Gate

A scouting/hunting trip

(1/2) > >>

Nomadic Pirate:
Today I went to scout a new valley and I was carrying my Storm .30

I made it quite far up until it got crazy steep and rugged and I had to come back, not long after I 180ed, on my way down I run into a group of porkers, a nice black and white boar, 2 sows and 1/2 dz piglets,
unfortunately I also got cough with my pants down  ;D ;D

They came out from the tall elephant grass at about 15 yards with just about no warning , they just appeared.

I was walking in an relatively exposed area and didn't matter that I immediately froze and stud completely still, they do recognize Human shape well, they all froze when the boar did and grunted, then they exploded in all directions and where back in the grass in a flash  ;D

I also spotted so many mongoose, this all area is loaded with those little critters, unfortunately I always spotted them after they did me and where taking off in a very big hurry  ;D

Then I got lucky, I saw one before it seen me, put a little stalk in aided by the numerous boulders until I was in the 35 yards range, got the Storm steady on a boulder and sent a JSB pellet in his neck.

Exit hole

Also here is the new addition to my hunting gear, I wanted one of those for a long time and now I got me one  ;D ;D

The famous British empire fighting knife, the KHUKURI

dk1677:
Nice shot Manny!

WxRadarman:
Good story and good shooting.

aceflier:
First mongoose I've seen shot with anything. Thanks for sharing Manny.

Randbo:
Good shot Manny, but I think you need a little bigger knife to skin that critter!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version