GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Hunting Gate

WARP .22 Wild Boar hunt

(1/9) > >>

Nomadic Pirate:
Yes hunting of a feeder and in blinds is so much more conducive to be successful in hog hunting,
But nothing beats spot and stalking, so much more soul rewarding.

Only a couple weeks ago I got lucky with the Claw .50 on a great spot and stalk hunt, I'm a realist so  back to back success I know it's extremely unlikely, on that premise I set up for my hunt today without much expectation,
a walkabout in the woods is always good anyway.

I was carrying the WARP .22 tuned at 48 FPE shooting the 28gr EunJin

After about an hour or so I came up to a place that had great vantage view of the surroundings so I decided to sit for a bit and take it all in,

Not long after that I spotted 4 maybe 5 hogs running down a slope trail away from me , maybe 100-120 yards,

I wasn't planning to hunt in that direction but I made a mental note one day to go check out that trail, than, couple minutes later 2 more small pigs come running down the same trail, and maybe 5 minutes later they run back up.

That's it !!!!! now I was to curious about it and had to go investigate.

I approached the area like if there was going to be game right there, very, very slowly.

As I drew level with the bottom of the trail I started to scope the immediate area to see if there was a good spot to set up, as I'm scanning the surroundings I spot a nice hog maybe 60 yards further up gorging on Java Plums under a huge tree.

I love this terrain, the slight uneven factor and the big boulders make for a Phenomenal stalker paradise.

My stalk took me to about 25 yards of the nice young boar, now I was lying on the ground with the gun propped on a rock, I waited a long time for my favorite shot ( the frontal feeding shot ) but this boar just kept flipping 180s and always gave me the broadside, couldn't take it no longer and I had to pull the trigger.

Where he was.

propped up for pictures

Dairyboy:
Nice story and shot! Looks like a nice sized hog as well. Good kill with the WARP

Motorhead:
WarPig it is .... Congratulations Manny !

William:
Nice Hunt Manny,  ;D
Got a Question,,, how do you pack them out, that one has got to be heavy!!!  Looks like a little work ahead of you!

William

Gertrude:
nice hunt and good story Manny,
Keep them coming !

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version