GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Hunting Gate

Benjamin NP2 .22 Hog Hunt, .....Story, Video & Pics.

(1/52) > >>

Nomadic Pirate:
The trades where blowing strong and cold today, perfect conditions to hunt my Ground blind by the feeder.

******WARNING********

Don't try this unless :

You extensively have tested your chosen ammo penetration.

You have a deep understanding of the quarry anatomy and a complete knowledge of where, how and when to shoot.

You have practiced like no other and can put that pellet consistently in Half the size of the intended target all the time, and always on a cold shot,...groups when you shooting a lot mean nothing,that fists shot from cold means everything.

OK, back to previously scheduled programs  ;D ;D

I got to my Blind at 1 PM, I was carrying the NP2 loaded with the 21gr Baracuda so I made myself comfortable on the ground and started the waiting Game.

At Quarter to 4 I noticed a real nice Black boar approaching, it got to about 30 yards, stopped, started to circle a bit and took of in a hurry, something spooked it,......Maybe that was good, this boar would have been borderline shootable with the current equipment...I think.

At quarter to 5 this very respectable Blond/Grey young Boar comes in, Its very, very skittish, takes several approaches to the bait only to do a quick Uturn and dart back, I'm trying to turn on the camcorder without doing any damaging movement and every time I'm about to hit start the boar takes off again.

after more than half a dozen times I'm thinking it's gonna go for good anytime now, when all of a sudden he actually comes in.

I start the recorder and now it's time to pick up the rifle without getting busted  ;D ;D ;D

I let the Video take over from now :

I shot many, many Porkers with PCPs, but this one with a 20 FPE break barrel was exhilarating, .....adrenaline was flowing like crazy, believe me  ;D ;D ;D

BenjiHunter:
Well done, Manny!!

f266:
Absolutely amazing hunt.

Tater:
Wow! I didn't think you could top your previous hunts, but this....just wow.

Great video too, he dropped like a rock.

Rocker1:
 Great hunt Manny. David

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version