GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

Target Shooting Matches, Discussion & Events > The Long Range Club

Unofficial 100YD Match #1----Results Added----

(1/17) > >>

marty2:
I'm starting an unofficial 100yd match for anyone interested in participating. 
This match will run for 4 weeks starting Monday February 27 2017 with the end time and date 12AM(midnight)EST Sunday April 23 2017. Have a picture or a scan of your target submitted by the end date.

Results... will be posted ongoing as the match progresses at the bottom of this post. I will break down the scores by the different calibers shot as well as the top 3 best scores.

This will be a casual match so you can shoot off a bench or any other position you like.

Rules:
1. Any caliber and any type of Airgun(Rifle, Pistol, PCP, Springer, SSP, Pumper etc).
2. Pellets or bullets can be used.
3. You can use a rest, bags, sticks or whatever. NO GUN VICES. The rifle butt must be touching the                       
    shoulder.
4. Same target for all calibers and 5 shots per target. You have a choice from three attached below. If
    using the white target it is allowable to color in part of the target with a transparent highlighter to 
    better see it down range as long as the black lines are still ledgeable.
5. All the info at the bottom of the target must be filled out (group size optional this target is for             
    scoring only)
6. You can submit 1 target per caliber(ie. .22, .25, .30, etc.) so you have an option to shoot more often.

Scoring..... The center bull is a X and all the others rings are the marked value. The shot must be totally inside the ring to score that ring. If the shot touches the ring using a scoring gauge or your best geusstimation it goes to the lower value(opposite of what is the norm). Highest possible score would be 50/50 5X.

Please include with you submission:

Name
Airgun
Sights
Pellet/Bullet
Position
Score
Any other info you would like to share(weather,pictures, etc)

Have Fun and Enjoy.

RESULTS
Overall
Gold -           marty2 50/50  2X .25 cal.
Silver -         marty2  49/50  3X .30 cal.
Bronze - Tie  Blue 49/50  1X  .22 cal.  &  jhm757 49/50  1X  .25 cal.
sixshootertexan   48/50  1X .308 cal.
Tims226                46/50  .30 cal.
pcp_Dave             45/50  .25 cal.
sixshootertexan   41/50  .177 cal.

ENTRIES

1. sixshootertexan -     41/50        Pellet

1. Blue -                        49/50  1X  Pellet

1. marty2 -                   50/50  2X  Bullet
2. jhm757                     49/50  1x  Pellet
3. pcp_Dave -               45/50        Pellet

1. marty2 -                   49/50  3X  Pellet
2. Tims229 -                 46/50        Pellet

1. sixshootertexan -    48/50  1X  Bullet

Deckard1973:
Do we get bonus points if there still is snow on the ground?   :o

jhm757:
We have had some record warm temperatures in the 70's here in Central NY this past week, But as of today it is snowing again. :(
I am looking forward to participating in this tournament, but March can be a nasty cold and snowy month here.
So depending on the weather I will see if I can get an entry for this month.
Hopefully this tournament will continue thru the summer months!

Jim - jhm757

rsterne:
I won't be in on this one, still tons of snow here.... can't even get to a place to shoot.... *LOL*.... but I wish everyone luck, and have a great time....  8)

Marty, you should probably add that it's OK to colour in part of the white target with a transparent highlighter to make it more visible downrange through your scope.... I know some guys have used light blue, red, orange or yellow in the past.... No reason not to, IMO.... as long as you can still see the black lines to score it....

Bob

Deckard1973:

--- Quote from: jhm757 on February 26, 2017, 01:05:46 PM ---We have had some record warm temperatures in the 70's here in Central NY this past week, But as of today it is snowing again. :(
I am looking forward to participating in this tournament, but March can be a nasty cold and snowy month here.
So depending on the weather I will see if I can get an entry for this month.
Hopefully this tournament will continue thru the summer months!

Jim - jhm757

--- End quote ---

You hit 70s? 
Our best was 65 with the sun. 
Amazing as you are only about a 30min drive from me.

Perhaps we should start a Polar Bear League?   100yrd match in polar gear, and gloves?  I will bring my snowshoes!  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version