GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Vintage Air Gun Gate

Vintage scopes for vintage rifles

(1/6) > >>

45flint:
Looking to possibly team up a vintage scope with a vintage 50's era Crosman rifle.  Saw a Mossberg M4D and it seemed to fit the bill.  Any other thoughts or issues?

Hoosier Daddy:
I love it!!
I would team up a vintage pair like that any day!

TerryM:
  I like using old scopes on old airguns.  I have several.  Been keeping an eye out for one of those old Mossbergs.  They fetch a good price on ebay if they are in any kind of condition.  I have mostly old Weavers, much easier to find.  That scope would look great on an old Crosman or Benjamin.  Keep us posted...!

45flint:

--- Quote from: TerryM on March 25, 2017, 10:48:53 AM ---  I like using old scopes on old airguns.  I have several.  Been keeping an eye out for one of those old Mossbergs.  They fetch a good price on ebay if they are in any kind of condition.  I have mostly old Weavers, much easier to find.  That scope would look great on an old Crosman or Benjamin.  Keep us posted...!

--- End quote ---

I see long vintage Mossbergs and Weavers, which is the best?  Never seen either upclose

TerryM:
  I've never handled a Mossberg M4, I don't know how good a scope they are.  I have Weaver J4's, B4's, a C6, C4, J2.5.  A J.C. Higgins that I can tell was made by Weaver.  Some are a little cloudy and others quite clear and bright.  They all have steel tubes and are pretty durable.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version