GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Machine Shop Talk & AG Parts Machining

Need to source small OD #8 screw flat washers

(1/2) > >>

SynRodSteve:
I'm searching for #8 screw flat washer with OD of .25. I've searched everywhere I know of but they're all .375 OD. This washer will fit under the cocking lug bolt in a custom hammer for the Marauder.   Alternatively, somewhere to source the stripper bolt (aka cocking lug) with shorter threads but longer top section than OEM.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Roadworthy:
Try the McMaster-Carr catalog.  Alternatively put the washer onto a number eight screw, tighten the nut, chuck it into a drill, and while spinning the drill apply pressure from a file.  It goes pretty quickly.

SynRodSteve:
I'll have to give that a shot.  I need 50 of em tho!  :)  I have a lathe so that might not be a bad option to at least try.  I could make a fixture to hold it out away from the chuck and put a file to it.

fivestar45:
If you have a lathe why don't you just drill some .250" stock and part off as many washers as you need?

Roadworthy:
The closest I could find was a Belleville washer for a socket head screw at McMaster Carr. 

https://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-washers/=15zhfy1

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version